GATE Chosen for Jubilee Water Injection System Review
GATE (Gibson Applied Technology & Engineering) LLC has been selected by the Jubilee Field Unit Partners to conducted an integrated water injection system review to ensure that the Jubilee topsides, subsea, and downhole water injection system design represents a fit for purpose package that fulfills the reservoir requirements and equipment performance criteria.
The technical objectives of the work are to review the water injection system configuration. Identify any issues and limitations, determine their consequences and recommend mitigation strategies to reduce potential risks. This work will include high-level process and materials selection reviews for both topsides and subsea components, evaluation of risers and flowlines for corrosion management, CAPEX control, review of the chemical injection requirements, high level subsurface review and a system review for water availability, deliverability and uptime.
The Jubilee Field Unit Partners are developing the Jubilee Field situated in the Deepwater Tano and West Cape Three Points blocks, approximately 60 km offshore Ghana, West Africa in depths ranging from 3,000 to to 5,500 feet. Partnership interests are held by Tullow Oil PLC, Kosmos Energy, Anadarko Petroleum Corp., Sabre Oil & Gas, EO Group and Ghana National Petroleum Corp. The first development phase of the giant Jubilee oil field is expected to become operational in the second half of 2010.
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Mozambique Approves Anadarko's $20 Billion Natural Gas Plan (Feb 07)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- UK's Tullow Oil Names New Head Of Ghana Operations (Feb 15)
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
Company: Kosmos Energy more info
- BP's West Africa Partner Kosmos To List In London By End-September (Aug 02)
- BP, Kosmos Make Major Gas Find Off Coast Of Senegal (May 08)
- BP to Create New LNG Hub in Africa with Latest Kosmos Buy (Dec 19)
Company: Ghana National Petroleum more info
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- National Petroleum: Ghana Oil Output To Hit Up To 110,000 Bpd In 2014 (Apr 08)
- Ghana President Names New Head of State Oil Company (Sep 20)
Company: Sabre Oil and Gas Limited more info
- Tweneboa Confirmed as Major Field Offshore Ghana (Jan 21)
- Odum-2 Appraisal Well Confirms '08 Discovery Offshore Ghana (Dec 08)
- Massive Jubilee Field Extended by Successful Appraisal (Oct 15)