Oilex: Conditions for Timor Sea Block Farm-Out Satisfied
Oilex has advised that all conditions precedent for the previously announced agreement to farm-out part of its interest in the offshore block JPDA 06-103 in the Timor Sea to Japan Energy E&P JPDA Pty Ltd (Japan Energy) have now been satisfied.
Under the terms of the farmout agreement, Japan Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan Energy Corporation Ltd, will earn a 15% participating interest in the JPDA 06-103 Production Sharing Contract (PSC) from Oilex. The consideration payable by Japan Energy under the Farm-out Agreement includes both a refund of part of past costs, payable now and future funding for Oilex's remaining 10% share of the costs for the first two commitment wells up to an agreed cap. Oilex will remain as Operator of the PSC.
Planning for the initial, two-well drilling program is well advanced and Oilex is currently in negotiation with a preferred contractor to secure a rig to drill the Loré and Lolotoe prospects. These prospects have estimated mean prospective resources (on 100% basis) of 195 million barrels of oil and 90 million barrels of oil respectively. Drilling may commence in fourth Quarter of this year.
The participating interests in the JPDA 06-103 PSC following the farmout are set out in the table below.
Joint Venture Party Participating Interest:
- Oilex (JPDA 06-103) Ltd(Operator) 10%
- Global EnergyLimited 25%
- GSPC (JPDA) Ltd 25%
- Bharat PetroResources JPDA Limited 25%
- Japan Energy E&P JPDA Pty Ltd 15%
- Top Oil Market Summons Poseidon to US-Mideast Crude Fight (Jul 18)
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India BPCL Makes Its First US Oil Purchase, Buys Mars, Poseidon (Jul 17)
Company: Japan Energy more info
- Oilex Sidetracks Timor Sea Well (Jan 04)
- Oilex Spuds First Well in Timor Sea Drilling Program (Nov 20)
- Songa Mercur Gears Up for Timor Sea Drilling (Nov 11)
Company: Global Energy, Inc. more info
- Pan Pacific Petroleum Reports on Timor Sea, Vietnam Farm-Ins (Oct 13)
- Pan Pacific Petroleum Snaps Up Stake in Timor Sea Block (Sep 30)
- Oilex: Conditions for Timor Sea Block Farm-Out Satisfied (Aug 28)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)