Norske Shell Secures Permit for Ormen Lange Appraisal
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted A/S Norske Shell a drilling permit for wellbore 6305/5-3 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 6305/5-3 S relates to the drilling of an appraisal well on the Ormen Lange field on behalf of production licenses 208, 209 and 250 (Ormen Lange Unit). The well will be drilled from the Leiv Eriksson semisub at position 63 degrees 34'53.76" North and 5 degrees 25'07.38" East.
The Ormen Lange field extends over blocks 6305/4, 5 and 6305/7 and 8 in the Norwegian Sea. AS Norske Shell is the operator of the Ormen Lange Unit with a 17.0375 percent ownership interest. The licensees are Petoro AS with 36.475 percent, StatoilHydro Petroleum AS with 28.9169 percent, DONG E&P Norge AS with 10.342 percent and ExxonMobil E&P Norway AS with a 7.2286 percent ownership interest.
The permit is conditional on the operator securing all other consents and permits required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- Exxon Exploration Chief Eyes Africa for Next Elephant Oil Find (Oct 18)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
Company: Shell more info
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)