NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for PL 442 Wildcat
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 25/2-17, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 25/2-17 will be drilled from the Ocean Vanguard semisub at position 59 degrees 51' 57.13" North and 02 degrees 37' 50.39" East after the facility concludes the drilling of wildcat well 6407/2-5 for StatoilHydro Petroleum AS in production license 074.
The drilling program for wellbore 25/2-17 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 442. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 40 percent ownership interest, while Det norske Oljeselskapet ASA, Svenska Petroleum Exploration AS and Altinex Oil Norway AS own 20 percent each.
The area in this production license consists of parts of blocks 25/2 and 25/3. The well will be drilled about 20 km east of the Frigg field in the central part of the North Sea. Production license 442 was awarded on June 15, 2007 (APA 2006). This is the first well to be drilled in the license.
The permit is conditional on the operator securing all other consents and permits required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Svenska Petroleum more info
- Det Norske Buys Svenska Petroleum's Norwegian Business for $75M (Oct 14)
- Det Norske Drills Two Dry Wells (Sep 09)
- Statoil Finds Oil, Gas at Askja (Jan 02)
Company: Altinex Oil AS more info
- NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for PL 442 Wildcat (Aug 28)
- Dong Completes Drilling at Siri-6 in Danish North Sea (Jan 27)
- Oilexco Enters LOI with Bluewater to Deploy FPSO at North Sea's Huntington (Aug 27)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)