Det norske Gets Go-Ahead to Drill Wellbore 6306/6-2
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Det norske oljeselskap ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 6306/6-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 6306/6-2 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 321. The well will be drilled from the Aker Barents semisub at position 63 degrees 41'04.9" North and 06 degrees 40'16.2" East.
The area in this production license consists of blocks 6306/2, 3 and 5, which are located about 40 km east of the Ormen Lange field in the Norwegian Sea. Det norske oljeselskap ASA is the operator with a 25 percent ownership interest. The licensees are StatoilHydro Petroleum AS with 20 percent, Talisman Energy Norge AS with 20 percent and Aker Exploration AS with a 35 percent ownership interest.
The permit is conditional on the operator securing all other consents and permits required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)
Company: Aker Exploration AS more info
- Det norske to Revamp Plans for Froy (Apr 13)
- Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect (Feb 19)
- Det Norske Reviews 4Q Results, Sees Continued Growth (Feb 19)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)