Maersk Oil Taps Subsea 7 for Work at Gryphon South, Tullich Fields
Subsea 7 has secured a contract for installation of flexibles and umbilical jumpers and tie-in/testing work at Maersk Oil North Sea UK Ltd's (Maersk Oil) Gryphon South and Tullich fields, in the UK sector of the North Sea.
The Subsea 7 work scope is to install flexibles and umbilical jumpers and complete tie-in and testing of 2 wells in the Gryphon and Tullich infrastructure.
Offshore work will commence in Q4 2009 and will be performed by Subsea 7's dive support vessel (DSV), the Seven Pelican.
Subsea 7's Vice President for the UK Region, Steph McNeill commented, "The award of another contract with a leading oil and gas operator further consolidates Subsea 7's position as the Subsea Partner of Choice, and helps us maintain the activity levels of our fleet throughout the year. We look forward to the safe and successful completion of this project for Maersk."
The Gryphon and Tullich fields are tied back and produce through the Maersk Oil Gryphon Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel. The Gryphon field is located in Block 9/18b and the Tullich field is located in Block 9/ 23a, 320km North East of Aberdeen.
- Oceaneering Sees Reason for More Offshore Confidence (Sep 10)
- Subsea 7 Says Could Change Offer If McDermott Cooperates (Apr 25)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Shell Names Former Maersk Oil CEO Watkins As Next US Boss (Mar 27)
- Maersk Energy Sees Uptick In Offshore Oil Drilling, Profit Still Squeezed (Feb 20)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)