BG Norge Successfully Delineates Bream Oil Discovery
BG Norge AS, operator of production license PL 407, has concluded the drilling of appraisal wells 17/12-4, - 4 A and - 4 B on the 17/12-1 Bream oil discovery in the North Sea. The discovery was proven in 1972 in Middle Jurassic reservoir rocks (the Vestland group), and is located about 50 kilometers northwest of the Yme field.
BG Norge holds a 40% interest in Bream, while the remaining interests are held by Premier Oil (20%), Skeie Energy (20%) and Spring Energy (20%).
The objective of these wells was to delineate the oil discovery. The appraisal wells confirmed the extent of the reservoir and preliminary estimates indicate that the size of the field is within a range of uncertainty of 6 - 10 million standard cubic meters (Sm3) of recoverable oil.
Extensive data acquisition and sampling have been carried out. A successful formation test has been conducted in one of the appraisal wells from a limited perforation interval. The maximum production rate was 400 Sm3 per flow day through a 32/64-inch nozzle opening.
The wells are the three first to be drilled in production license 407, which was awarded on February 16, 2007 (APA 2006). Appraisal wells 17/12-4, - 4 A and - 4 B were drilled to vertical depths of 2452, 2314 and 2318 meters, respectively. 17/12-4 was drilled into the Skagerrak formation in the Triassic, and 17/12-4 A and - 4 B were terminated in the Bryne formation in the Middle Jurassic.
The water depth is 110 meters, and the wells will now be permanently plugged and abandoned.
The wells were drilled by the semisubmersible drilling facility West Alpha, which will now proceed to production license 412 in the North Sea to drill wildcat well 25/9-3 where Norwegian Energy Company ASA (Noreco) is the operator.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Premier Oil more info
- Britain's Premier Oil To Lift Peak Output At Catcher Field (Aug 23)
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Shell Agrees to $1.9B Sell of Upstream Danish Assets to Noreco (Oct 17)
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)