FMC Tapped for Gullfaks Subsea Equipment
FMC Technologies has received an award from StatoilHydro for the manufacture and supply of subsea equipment for its Gullfaks oil and gas field in the Norwegian North Sea. The award has a value of approximately $73 million in revenue to FMC Technologies.
FMC's scope of supply includes eight subsea production trees as well as associated equipment and systems including flow control modules and subsea control modules. The project will be managed from FMC's operation in Kongsberg, Norway. Deliveries will commence in the second quarter of 2010.
"This award supports StatoilHydro's efforts to increase oil recovery in the North Sea," said Tore Halvorsen, FMC's Senior Vice President of Global Subsea Production Systems, "and we are pleased to assist StatoilHydro in optimizing production at the Gullfaks field."
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)