Tatneft, NOC Strike Oil in Libya's Ghadames Basin
Libya's NOC announced that Tatneft's Libyan Branch, the second party with NOC in an EPSA agreement, has drilled the A1-82/04 new field wildcat well to a total depth of 8,605 ft. The well encountered hydrocarbons and is located in the Ghadames Basin, approximately 354 km south of Tripoli.
Initial production testing from the Ouan Kasa formation established an oil flow. The A1-82/04 discovery well tested 36 feet of hydrocarbon net pay at an interval of between 5,900 and 5,908 feet at a rate of 400 bopd on a 32/64-inch choke. The tested oil gravity was 40 degrees API.
Well A1-82/04 represents the first discovery in area 82, which was awarded by NOC in December 2005.
Tatneft drilled the well as an operator under an EPSA agreement with NOC, which holds a first party interest of 89.5%, while the remaining 10.5% interest is held by Tatneft.
- Russia's TANEKO Oil Refinery Starts Units To Improve Gasoline Quality (Jan 25)
- TANEKO Head: Tatneft To Double TANEKO's Refining Capacity In 2017 (Aug 18)
- Innovate, Cut Costs: How A Russian Oil Firm Navigates Global Supply Curbs (Aug 09)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- Islamic State Claims Tripoli Attack, Says Oil Fields 'Legitimate Target' (Sep 11)
- NOC: Arson At Libyan Pipeline Causes Fire, No Significant Damage (Aug 16)
- Security Issues Continue to Plague Libya's Oil-Supply Growth (Jul 18)