Tatneft, NOC Strike Oil in Libya's Ghadames Basin
Libya's NOC announced that Tatneft's Libyan Branch, the second party with NOC in an EPSA agreement, has drilled the A1-82/04 new field wildcat well to a total depth of 8,605 ft. The well encountered hydrocarbons and is located in the Ghadames Basin, approximately 354 km south of Tripoli.
Initial production testing from the Ouan Kasa formation established an oil flow. The A1-82/04 discovery well tested 36 feet of hydrocarbon net pay at an interval of between 5,900 and 5,908 feet at a rate of 400 bopd on a 32/64-inch choke. The tested oil gravity was 40 degrees API.
Well A1-82/04 represents the first discovery in area 82, which was awarded by NOC in December 2005.
Tatneft drilled the well as an operator under an EPSA agreement with NOC, which holds a first party interest of 89.5%, while the remaining 10.5% interest is held by Tatneft.
- TANEKO Head: Tatneft To Double TANEKO's Refining Capacity In 2017 (Aug 18)
- Innovate, Cut Costs: How A Russian Oil Firm Navigates Global Supply Curbs (Aug 09)
- Tatneft Pledges To Keep Oil Output In Check, In Line With Global Deal (Jun 09)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- NOC: Libya Needs A Week To Repair Blown-Up Oil Pipeline (Dec 27)
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)