NPD Issues BG Norge Permit for Appraisal Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to BG Norge AS for wellbore 17/12-4 B, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 17/12-4 B relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production license 407. The well will be drilled from the West Alpha drilling facility at position 58°1037.58" North and 3°5511.05" East.
The area in this license mainly consists of a part of block 17/12, but also parts of the surrounding blocks 17/8, 17/9, 17/11, 18/7 and 18/10, northwest of the Yme field in the North Sea. BG Norge AS is the operator with a 40 percent ownership interest. The licensees are Premier Oil with 20 percent, Skeie Energy with 20 percent, and Spring Energy with 20 percent.
The permit is granted on the condition that the operator secures all other consents and permits required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Skeie Group more info
- Rowan Finalizes Skeie Drilling Transaction (Jul 19)
- Rowan to Buy Three KFELS N-Class Jackups for $1.2B (Jul 01)
- NPD Issues BG Norge Permit for Appraisal Well (Aug 24)
Company: Spring Energy more info
- Tullow Completes Acquisition of Spring Energy Norway (Jan 22)
- Tullow Buys Spring Energy Norway (Dec 11)
- North Sea Wildcat Purrs for Petro-Canada (Jan 11)