StatoilHydro Secures Oseberg Drilling Permit
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to StatoilHydro Petroleum AS for wellbore 30/9-24, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 30/9-24 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 079. The well will be drilled from the Transocean Leader drilling facility at position 602905.4" North and 024241.8" East.
The area in this license consists of block 30/9 on the Oseberg field in the North Sea. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 49.3 percent ownership interest. The licensees are Petoro AS with 33.6 percent, Total with 10 percent, ExxonMobil with 4.7 percent and ConocoPhillips with a 2.4 percent ownership interest.
The permit is conditional on the operator securing all other consents and permits required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- Exxon Exploration Chief Eyes Africa for Next Elephant Oil Find (Oct 18)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Oil Majors Offload Gulf of Mexico Fields to Hunt Bigger Finds (Oct 12)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- ConocoPhillips Strikes First Oil at New Alaska Site (Oct 10)
- ConocoPhillips to Divest Timor Sea Acreage (Oct 01)
- KBR, ConocoPhillips to Develop Off-the-Shelf LNG Tech (Sep 18)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)