StatoilHydro Secures Oseberg Drilling Permit
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to StatoilHydro Petroleum AS for wellbore 30/9-24, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 30/9-24 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 079. The well will be drilled from the Transocean Leader drilling facility at position 602905.4" North and 024241.8" East.
The area in this license consists of block 30/9 on the Oseberg field in the North Sea. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 49.3 percent ownership interest. The licensees are Petoro AS with 33.6 percent, Total with 10 percent, ExxonMobil with 4.7 percent and ConocoPhillips with a 2.4 percent ownership interest.
The permit is conditional on the operator securing all other consents and permits required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)