NPD Issues Drilling Permit for Lundin Wildcat
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to Lundin Norway AS for wellbore 25/5-6, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 25/5-6 will be drilled from the Transocean Winner drilling facility at position 59°44'18.8'' North and 02°23'52.5'' East, after the facility completes the drilling of wildcat well 30/9-23 for StatoilHydro Petroleum AS in production license 104.
The drilling program for wellbore 25/5-6 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 363. Lundin Norway AS is the operator with a 60 percent ownership interest, while VNG (Operation) Norge AS has an ownership interest of 40 percent. The area in this license consists of the northwestern part of block 25/5. The well will be drilled about 15 km northeast of the Heimdal field in the central part of the North Sea. Production license 363 B was awarded on 6 January 2006 (APA 2005). This is the first well to be drilled in the license.
The permit is conditional on the operator securing all other consents and permits required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: VNG more info
- VNG Norge Spuds Blink Prospect Well in Norwegian Sea (Sep 23)
- VNG Norge Discovers up to 25M Barrels in Norwegian Sea (Jul 11)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)