C & C Technologies Bags 2-Year AUV Contract from Petrobras
C & C Technologies do Brasil, a subsidiary of C & C Technologies, Inc. (C & C), the worldwide leader in deepwater autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) operations, was recently awarded a $50 million contract by Petrobras. The 730 day contract will utilize C & C's state-of-the-art C-Surveyor II AUV and M/V Northern Resolution.
The contract can be renewed for an additional 730 days, making the contract potentially worth $100 million. The effort will include running pipeline route and site surveys to support the exploration and production of deepwater subsalt plays offshore Brasil.
C & C crews will perform sidescan sonar and subbottom profiler surveys, coring, and both hull-mounted and AUV-mounted multibeam bathymetric surveys under the contract.
C & C pioneered the world's first commercially operated AUV for oil and gas exploration. Now the company leads the market with its four C-Surveyor AUVs. As frontrunners in the fields of AUV technology and deepwater mapping, C & C professionals have an unmatched depth of talent and experience.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: C & C Technologies, Inc. more info
- C & C Completes GOM Pipeline Inspection Using SAS Technology (Feb 08)
- C & C Completes Perdido Jumper Surveys (Sep 28)
- C & C Technologies Bags 2-Year AUV Contract from Petrobras (Aug 20)