PetroChina Discovers High Gas Flow at East Sulige Field
BEIJING (Dow Jones Newswires), Aug. 20, 2009
PetroChina has discovered high gas flow at an onshore well in the east Sulige gas field, with daily output of 610,000 cubic meters, the company's parent China National Petroleum Corp. announced Thursday.
The Sulige gas field, located in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, one of the most resource-rich areas in China, produced 3.75 billion cubic meters of natural gas in 2008.
PetroChina has ambitious plans for Sulige gas development, using its own technology and in partnerships with foreign companies, such as France's Total SA and Anglo-Dutch oil major Royal Dutch Shell PLC.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: PetroChina more info
- Sources: PetroChina To Take On Global Rivals In Major Expansion Drive (Dec 18)
- Media: Three Dead After Suspected Gas Leak At PetroChina Refinery (Nov 20)
- PetroChina, Beijing Firm Doubling LNG Storage in Caofeidian as Demand Rises (Nov 06)
Company: CNPC more info
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)