Aurelian Takes Bigger Bite of Bacau Concession in Romania
In its announcement on July 6, 2009 of the successful completion of further testing of the Lilieci-1 gas discovery, Aurelian indicated that Europa Oil & Gas, the holder of a 19% interest in the area around the Lilieci-1 gas discovery well, had a short period in which to decide whether to retain its interest in the discovery by paying Aurelian a sum of approximately €6.0 million comprising the aggregate of its unpaid share of the well costs, which had been met by Aurelian as operator of the well, and an agreed premium.
Europa has elected not to pay the sum and Aurelian will therefore be acquiring Europa's 19% interest in an area 32 square kilometers surrounding the Lilieci-1 well for nil additional cost. Aurelian's interest will thereby increase to 60% with Romgaz holding the remaining 40%. Europa will retain its 19% interest in that part of the Bacau concession that does not relate to the Lilieci-1 well.
- BLOG: Can Europa Get a Farm-In Partner at FEL 3/13? (Jul 26)
- Europa Oil & Gas Completes Shale Petroleum UK Acquisition (Aug 15)
- Europa Relinquishes Part of PEDL 181 (Jul 04)
Company: Romgaz SA more info
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Romania To Start Gas Production At New Caragele Field In 2019 (May 12)
- Report: Romanian Romgaz to Partner Lukoil on Black Sea Exploration (Nov 20)
Company: Aurelian Oil & Gas plc more info
- Aurelian Receives Extension for Poland License (Feb 24)
- Aurelian Awarded Polish License Duo (Jan 04)
- Aurelian Discovers Gas at Polish Krzesinki Well (Oct 18)