Oceaneering to Supply Umbilicals for Kizomba Satellites
Oceaneering International secured in June a contract from Esso Exploration Angola (Block 15) Limited, a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation, to supply umbilicals for the Kizomba Satellites development located in Block 15 offshore Angola, West Africa.
The order is for electro-hydraulic steel tube control umbilicals totaling approximately 34 kilometers (21 miles) in length and a hardwired communication link (HCL) umbilical about 15 kilometers (9.5 miles) in length. Product manufacturing is planned to be performed at the Oceaneering Multiflex facility in Panama City, Florida.
The control umbilicals will be used to transmit hydraulic control fluids, chemicals, and electrical power signals to operate and monitor subsea wells and manifolds for the development of the Mavacola and Clochas fields in Block 15. The HCL umbilical will be utilized for communication between the Kizomba A and Kizomba B Floating Production Storage and Offloading systems.
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Rides Recovery Wave With New ROV Technology (Oct 18)
- Oceaneering Sees Reason for More Offshore Confidence (Sep 10)
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)