MMS Receives Bids for Western GOM Lease Sale 210
The bids are in for Western Gulf of Mexico Federal Oil and Gas Lease Sale 210 to be held tomorrow. The U.S. Department of the Interior's Minerals Management Service (MMS) Gulf of Mexico Region announced that 189 bids were received from 26 companies on 162 tracts offered offshore Texas.
"This sale is an important part of a balanced domestic energy plan that includes development of offshore renewable energy resources as well as oil and gas," said MMS Director Liz Birnbaum. "Responsible leasing, exploration, and production in the Gulf of Mexico will continue to play an important role in the nation’s energy portfolio."
Reading of the sealed bids will take place tomorrow, August 19, beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Grand Ballroom of the Royal Sonesta Hotel, 300 Bourbon Street, New Orleans.
- Obama Names New Head of MMS (Jun 15)
- Abbey Implements New Drilling Requirements (Jun 07)
- MMS Chief Resigns (May 27)
Company: US Department of the Interior more info
- BOEM Sets GOM-wide Lease Sale (Sep 26)
- Permian Auction Doubles 2008 Record with near Billion-Dollar Sale (Sep 07)
- Gulf Of Mexico Oil Lease Auction To Test Response To Trump-Era Regulations (Aug 10)