Carnarvon Increases 2D Seismic Coverage Onshore Thailand
Carnarvon Petroleum has increased the coverage of its 2D seismic survey in the L20/50 block, onshore Thailand.
Carnarvon, as operator, and its partner Sun Resources NL, were committed to acquire 500 km of 2D seismic data in block L20/50 to investigate the potential of this prospective acreage. More than 75% of the ongoing acquisition is complete and work is proceeding on schedule. Brute stacks of these data were loaded onto computer workstations for review; the data are of excellent quality.
The results of initial interpretations of these new data are encouraging and an additional subbasin is apparent in the south of the survey area. Therefore, approximately 48 km of new data acquisition are being added to the planned survey to further enhance the imaging of potential
hydrocarbon kitchens and adjacent leads within the block. The cost of this additional acquisition is minimal given the contingency surplus of seismic source materials (dynamite and detonators).
- Carnarvon Petroleum Ltd (Operator) 50%
- Sun Resources NL 50%
- Carnarvon Completes 2D Seismic Onshore Thailand (Aug 31)
- Carnarvon Increases 2D Seismic Coverage Onshore Thailand (Aug 18)
- Jones-Stewart Well to Be Completed as Gas Producer (Oct 21)
Company: Carnarvon Petroleum Limited more info
- Australia's Quadrant, Carnarvon Hail 'Incredible' Oil Find in Sector Ripe f (Aug 08)
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)