Karoon Gas Updates on Kontiki-1 in Browse Basin Drilling Program
Karoon Gas advised that the Kontiki-1 was at 2883 mRT and BOP ("Blow-Out Prevention Equipment")/Riser was being run. Since the last report, the 17-1/2" hole was drilled from 2496 mRT and 13-3/8" surface casing was run and cemented.
The Transocean Legend semisubmersible rig is drilling the exploration well, which is operated by ConocoPhillips.
Kontiki-1 is the second well in a multi-well drilling program in the Browse Basin permits WA-314-P, WA-315-P and WA-398-P. The Kontiki-1 well is located in WA-314-P, approximately 490km North of Broome, Western Australia. Kontiki -1, with a planned total depth of 4610 mRT is targeting potential hydrocarbons in the Middle and Upper Jurassic sandstones.
As with the recent gas discovery well, Poseidon-1, even if successful, Kontiki-1 is planned to be plugged and abandoned following final well evaluation and production testing if applicable.
Equity interests of the participants post farm-out in WA-314-P and WA-315-P are:
- Karoon Gas (Browse Basin) Pty Ltd 49%
- ConocoPhillips (Browse Basin) Pty Ltd 51%
Equity interests of the participants in WA-398-P are:
- Karoon Gas (Browse Basin) Pty Ltd 40%
- ConocoPhillips (Browse Basin) Pty Ltd 60%
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Plans for $6.1B Capital Spend in 2019 (Dec 10)
- ConocoPhillips Departs Barnett (Nov 01)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. more info
- Karoon Buys PEPC's 35% Stake in 4 Santos Basin Blocks in Brazil for $20.5M (Sep 28)
- PEPC Makes Overdue Payment to Karoon for Brazil's Santos Basin Blocks (Jun 16)
- Karoon Issues Default Notice to Santos Basin Block Partner PEPC (Jun 15)