StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead for Appraisal Drilling in PL 094
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro a drilling permit for wellbore 6506/12-12 A, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 6506/12-12 A relates to drilling of an appraisal well in production license 094. The well will be drilled from the Transocean Leader semisub at position 65 degrees 13'1.20" North and 6 degrees 54'29.8" East.
The area in this production license consists of block 6506/12, at the Asgard field in the Norwegian Sea. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 40.95 percent stake. The licensees are Petoro AS (14.95 percent), Total (9.8 percent), ExxonMobil (14.7 percent) and Eni (19.6 percent).
The permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- Exxon Exploration Chief Eyes Africa for Next Elephant Oil Find (Oct 18)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: ENI more info
- Offshore Mozambique Block Goes to Eni (Oct 17)
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)