StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead for Appraisal Drilling in PL 094
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro a drilling permit for wellbore 6506/12-12 A, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 6506/12-12 A relates to drilling of an appraisal well in production license 094. The well will be drilled from the Transocean Leader semisub at position 65 degrees 13'1.20" North and 6 degrees 54'29.8" East.
The area in this production license consists of block 6506/12, at the Asgard field in the Norwegian Sea. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 40.95 percent stake. The licensees are Petoro AS (14.95 percent), Total (9.8 percent), ExxonMobil (14.7 percent) and Eni (19.6 percent).
The permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Saudi Aramco and Total JV to Hire SMBC to Advise on Funding (Jan 17)
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)