Tullow Chooses i-Tech for 5-Year ROV Services at Jubilee Field
Subsea 7, through its i-Tech division, announced a $20 million award by Tullow Ghana Ltd (Tullow) for the provision of ROV services onboard a Client provided vessel to support production from the Jubilee field offshore Ghana in water depths of up to 1,400m.
The initial contract term is five years, with two one year options, with offshore works scheduled to commence quarter two 2010. For this contract, i-Tech will provide a newbuild 150hp Centurion QX work-class ROV system.
Using field-proven design and the latest in propulsion and handling system technology, the Centurion QX is i-Tech's flagship work-class ROV system, offering the optimal combination of power to weight and being perfectly suited for drilling and field support programs.
i-Tech's Managing Director, Neil Milne, commented, "The Jubilee field is one of the most exciting discoveries of recent years and I am delighted that Tullow has chosen i-Tech to provide ROV services on such a prestigious project."
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Oceaneering Sees Reason for More Offshore Confidence (Sep 10)
- Subsea 7 Says Could Change Offer If McDermott Cooperates (Apr 25)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)
Company: i-Tech more info
- i-Tech Wins 5-Year ROV Contract Onboard La Muralla III (Oct 22)
- Tullow Chooses i-Tech for 5-Year ROV Services at Jubilee Field (Aug 12)
- Chevron Australia Honors I-Tech with 'Outstanding Contractor Award' (Dec 03)