Petrobras Notifies ANP of Oil Traces in Offshore BS-500 Block
According to the National Petroleum Agency (ANP), Petrobras identified late Monday traces of oil in an offshore well located off the coast of Brazil in the promising Santos Basin.
Drilled by the Peregrine 1 drillship to a total depth of 4,163 meters, the 5BRSA744RJS well is situated in the offshore BS-500 block of the Santos Basin and has indicated evidence of oil.
Oil companies operating in Brazil must disclose any oil, gas or hydrocarbon find to the oil and gas regulator within 48 hours; however, the notification does not necessarily mean that the find will be commercially viable.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Approves Bidders For Oil Auction In March (Feb 21)
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
Company: Mike Mullen Energy Equipment Resources more info
- Ocean Tower Sale Closes; Rig Renamed (Oct 26)
- Deepwater Oil Finds Spur NYK to Invest in New Vessels (Sep 10)
- MMEER to Move Dixie Patriot Out of US Gulf (Aug 24)