Applus Wins First Ever Service Contract for Maersk's North Sea Assets
Applus, a leading inspection and testing company, has announced the award of a contract with Maersk Oil North Sea UK Ltd (Maersk Oil) worth more than £7.5 million over a three year period.
Aberdeen based Applus RTD UK Ltd has been awarded a three year long-supply agreement, with options to extend, for the provision of non-destructive testing (NDT), ship repair and rope access services to three of Maersk Oil's North Sea assets.
Dave Andrews, managing director of Applus RTD UK Ltd, said, "We're delighted to be working with Maersk Oil for the first time. The award of this contract underlines our ability to provide an integrated suite of inspection and integrity management services to North Sea operators.
"The maintenance, inspection and repair of an FPU and FPSOs in the North Sea especially, can be very challenging and often costly. The nature and associated costs of working in high, difficult to access locations, requires that the majority of projects are completed using our specially trained rope access technicians.
"Non destructive testing is also a critical means for us to detect defects and is vital for the maintenance of all types of components and structures offshore."
- Shell Names Former Maersk Oil CEO Watkins As Next US Boss (Mar 27)
- Maersk Energy Sees Uptick In Offshore Oil Drilling, Profit Still Squeezed (Feb 20)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
Company: Applus RTD UK Ltd more info
- Applus RTD Launches Revolutionary NDT Technology (May 06)
- Applus RTD Launches World-First Subsea NDT System (Sep 07)
- Applus Wins First Ever Service Contract for Maersk's North Sea Assets (Aug 10)