Wood Group Appointed Duty Holder for FPSO Sevan Voyageur
Wood Group Engineering (North Sea) Ltd has been appointed duty holder for the (Floating Production Storage & Offloading) FPSO Sevan Voyageur by Premier Oil, the licencee for the Shelley field in the central UK North Sea.
Premier Oil's contract with Sevan Marine ASA is for 'life-of-field', meaning that the FPSO Sevan Voyageur will be on location on the Shelley field as long as production is economically viable. Wood Group Engineering (North Sea) introduced hydrocarbons on schedule to the FPSO Sevan Voyageur on August 6, 2009.
This is the second duty holder contract that Wood Group has for Sevan Marine FPSOs, following on from the FPSO Sevan Hummingbird on the Chestnut field, central North Sea, the first Sevan FPSO to be introduced into the North Sea.
"This contract extends the successful relationships Wood Group has built over a three-year period as duty holder for Sevan Marine FPSOs in the North Sea," said Alan Curran, Chief Executive of Wood Group Engineering (North Sea). "We manage a suite of duty holder roles and are committed to providing a flexible range of services in the UKCS as the basin matures."
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
Company: Premier Oil more info
- Britain's Premier Oil To Lift Peak Output At Catcher Field (Aug 23)
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: Sevan Marine more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)