Kencana Snags Contract for West Belumut Wellhead Platform
The Board of Directors of Kencana Petroleum announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Kencana HL Sdn. Bhd. has been awarded with a contract from Newfield Peninsula Malaysia Inc., a company based in Houston, USA, for the provision for procurement and construction of offshore wellhead platform.
The Contract comprises the fabrication and procurement of jacket and topside for West Belumut Wellhead Platform. The West Belumut oilfield is located offshore Peninsular Malaysia. The Contract value is estimated at approximately RM46 million. The Contract is a one-off construction contract and is expected to be delivered in stages within the first quarter of 2010.
The Contract is expected to contribute positively to the earnings of Kencana Petroleum Group for the financial year ending July 31, 2010.
- Encana to Acquire Newfield for $5.5 Billion (Nov 01)
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
Company: Kencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- Kencana Expands Drilling Fleet (Aug 26)
- SapuraCrest, Kencana Petroleum to Merge in $3.95B Deal (Jul 11)
- Kencana Bags Construction Contract Offshore India (May 25)