Hallin Marine Dives into PRP2 Service Contract Offshore India
Hallin Marine has been awarded a two year US $15 million contract by construction giant Leighton to supply saturation diving support
for the 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 seasons for the Pipeline Replacement Project (PRP2) offshore Mumbai, India.
Following the completion of a successful 2008/2009 campaign for Leighton, Hallin has been awarded a key saturation diving support contract. The scope of work covered by the contract includes the provision of a diving system and personnel for subsea construction work activities for the next two years.
The contract will see Hallin deploy a saturation diving system, equipment, consumables and skilled diving personnel on board a client designated construction barge for the PRP2 project for each season of the two year long contract.
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC), Asia's largest oil and gas exploration and production company, has placed orders with Leighton for the US $720 million PRP2 contract.
The ONGC contract covers the supply and installation of more than 220km of rigid and flexible oil and gas pipelines and associated topsides facilities for more than 40 segments over 3 years, some 160km offshore Mumbai.
The scope of the work varies somewhat from that of the first successful year as the project has progressed and this contract, for the second and third year's work, will run through to June 2011.
Jon Attenburrow, Hallin East Division MD, said, "We are extremely pleased to be awarded the second and third years' work with Leighton on this prestigious project. The scope and nature of the work involved ideally suits our assets, expertise and diving personnel and we
look forward to a successful project ahead."
Operates 43 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- ONGC Is Said to Plan $4.8 Billion Indian Oil, GAIL Stake Sale (Feb 07)
- India's ONGC Raises $2.38B From Banks To Buy Refinery Stake (Jan 23)
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
Company: Hallin Marine more info
- Hallin Completes Replacement of Mooring Lines for FPSO HYSY111 in China (Aug 26)
- Hallin Supports Subsea 7 in Offshore Installation Work in Bay of Bengal (Apr 17)
- Hallin Marine Completes Subsea Project at Thailand's Bualuang Oil Field (Feb 28)