KBR Wins FEED Contract for Eastern Siberia Oil Project
KBR has been awarded a contract by Verkhnechonskneftegas (VCNG) to provide front-end engineering and design (FEED) services for the VC FFD Project located in the Eastern Siberia region of Russia.
KBR will provide FEED services for a single new build, 140,000 barrels of oil per day facility, which will be tied back via a new 85-kilometer pipeline, to the existing East Siberian Pacific Ocean (ESPO) pipeline.
The VC oil & gas field is planned to produce a plateau production of 140-kbopd from 430 production wells, and there will be 215 water injection wells. The field development will involve total 645 wells distributed over 75 well pads. The reservoir is about 1700m depth and initial reservoir pressure is about 2,250 psia, with a reservoir temperature from 12C to 20C.
The project award marks the first contract between VCNG and KBR and builds upon the existing relationship between TNK-BP and Granherne, a KBR subsidiary. Work on the project is already under way.
"This award solidifies our relationship with both VCNG and TNK-BP, and is further evidence of KBR's commitment to establishing our continuing presence in Russia," said John Rose, President, KBR Upstream. "We look forward to executing this project and I am confident this will be a successful FEED for the Eastern Siberia program."
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)
Company: Verkhnechonskneftegaz more info
- KBR Wins FEED Contract for Eastern Siberia Oil Project (Aug 04)
- Huge Siberian Field to Produce 1MM Tons of Oil, Boost Production in '09 (Dec 17)
- VCNG Starts Up Commercial Production from Siberian Field (Oct 15)