Tethys to Withdraw from Onshore Bouanane License
The Tafejjart-1 well (TAJ-1) in the Bouanane license, onshore Morocco, has been concluded at a depth of 3,274 meters (measured depth below ground level).
Indications of gas were obtained during drilling of the primary Ordovician sandstone target. However, cuttings information and wireline log data indicated poor reservoir quality with low porosity. Therefore, the preliminary interpretation of the well data indicated that the gas discovered at this location is not considered to be in commercial quantities. The well has been plugged. The well was operated by Dana Petroleum.
Interests in the Bouanane Petroleum Permits are held by Dana Petroleum (E&P) Limited 50% (Operator), ONHYM (25%), Eastern Petroleum (Cyprus) Limited (12.5%) and Tethys Oil AB (12.5%). Tethys has a share of 16.66% of all expenditures on the license above MUSD 12.
"This wildcat came in very close to prognosis. Several of the necessary criteria for a successful exploration well were fulfilled, and with better porosity in the reservoir it would have been a success. However Tethys now intends to withdraw from the license in order to focus even more on the company's projects in Oman," said Magnus Nordin, Managing Director of Tethys Oil AB.
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Tethys Oil AB more info
- Tethys Oil: 'Exciting Years' Ahead in Omani Blocks (Nov 07)
- Tethys Oil AB Agrees New Boundaries for Block 3 Onshore Oman (Nov 21)
- Tethys Increases Oil Production in Oman (Sep 19)
Company: ONHYM more info
- Gas Production Restarts at ONHYM Pipeline in Morocco (Sep 16)
- Eni Enters Offshore Morocco Exploration Permits (Mar 30)
- Circle Oil: KSR-A Well Onshore Morocco Flows Gas (Oct 13)
Company: Eastern Petroleum more info
- Tethys to Withdraw from Onshore Bouanane License (Aug 04)
- Dana's Azhar-7x Demonstrates Extension of Azhar Field in Egypt (Aug 04)
- Tethys Becomes Paying Partner for Tafejjart-1 Onshore Morocco (Jun 08)