Keppel On Track to Complete FSO Conversion for M3nergy
Keppel Shipyard will be completing the conversion of the Floating, Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessel, Ratu Songkhla, for M3nergy JDA Sdn Bhd (M3nergy).
Speaking at its naming ceremony, Tong Chong Heong, CEO of Keppel Offshore & Marine, Keppel Shipyard's parent company said, "The excellent team work between M3nergy and Keppel Shipyard has enabled us to deliver FSO Ratu Songkhla within six months, and without any lost-time incidents.
"This is another significant milestone in Keppel Shipyard's strong track record of more than 80 FPSO and FSO conversions. As the industry's choice partner, we seek to further strengthen our competencies in conversion work, so as to provide even more value-added service to our customers."
Formerly a 1989-built Panamax tanker, the vessel arrived at Keppel Shipyard in February this year for her conversion. She was named by Datuk Shahrazi bin Sha'ari, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of M3nergy, on August 1, 2009 and is scheduled to depart the yard shortly.
Work on Ratu Songkhla included the installation of the metering skid as well as the fabrication and installation of an external turret mooring system, cargo offloading station and helideck. The hull and marine systems were also upgraded.
When delivered, Ratu Songkhla will have a storage capacity of 546,000 barrels of oil. It will be chartered to CPOC, a joint venture between Petronas Carigali and PTTEPI for operating in the Malaysia-Thailand Joint Development Area (JDA) Block B-17 off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Keppel Singmarine more info
- Keppel Singmarine to Deliver Newbuild Seaways 24 Anchor Handling Tug Soon (Aug 10)
- Keppel Singmarine Bags $74M Contracts from Jan De Nul to Build 3 Dredgers (Jul 21)
- McDermott to Name Flagship Derrick Lay Vessel at Singapore's Keppel Yard (Feb 19)
Company: M3nergy Berhad more info
- Lundin Terminates Sale of FPSO Bertam to Malaysia's M3nergy Subsidiary (Aug 04)
- Lundin Sells FPSO Bertam to Malaysia's M3nergy for $265M (Jan 22)
- Petronas Awards 2 Exploration Blocks in Sabah to SapuraKencana-Led JV (Nov 21)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)