Jurong Shipyard Secures FPSO Conversion Contract for Jubilee Devt
Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sembcorp Marine, has secured an approximately S$160 million contract to convert the Very Large Crude Carrier (VLCC) tanker, the Ohdoh (ex Tohdoh), to a Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel (to be renamed FPSO Kwame Nkrumah MV21) for MODEC Offshore Production Systems (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
The conversion contract involves the conversion of the oil tanker to an FPSO that includes detailed engineering, installation and integration of 18 topside modules, installation of external turret and power generation, accommodation upgrading as well as extensive piping and electrical cabling works.
The FPSO Kwame Nkrumah MV21, which is part of the Tullow Ghana Ltd Phase 1 development plan and is due for delivery in 1Q 2010, will be installed in approximately 1,100 meters water depth on the Jubilee field offshore Ghana, one of the largest oil fields discovered offshore West Africa in the past 10 years. The FPSO Kwame Nkrumah MV21 will be capable of processing more than 120,000 barrels of oil per day, injecting more than 230,000 barrels of water per day, 160 MMscfd of production gas and with a storage capacity of 1,600,000 barrels of oil and is designed to remain on the field for up to 20 years without dry docking.
Sembcorp Marine expects positive contributions to its earnings from the conversion contract for the year ending December 31, 2009.
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)