Volga Gas Continues to Increase Production at Uzenskaya Field
Volga Gas has provided an update on supra-salt drilling in its Karpenskiy License Area.
- The Yu-Uz#9 development well on the Yuzhno-Uzenksaya field has been drilled and has logged productive oil pay as expected
- Production is planned to start from this well during August 2009
- The Yu-Uz#8 development well is also being drilled and is currently at a depth of approximately 900 meters
Uzenskaya Drilling Update
The Yuzhno-Uzenskaya # 9 development well was spudded early in July 2009 targeting the principal Cretaceous reservoir, from which the Uz#3, Uz#4 and Uz#5 wells are currently producing. The well has reached its planned target depth of 1098.6 meters (TD RT) without any problems and encountered two oil bearing zones within Cretaceous sandstone reservoirs as follows:
|Horizon||Measured Depth, RT (meters)||Net Pay (meters)|
|Cretaceous Albian||799.2 - 805.2||6.0|
|Cretaceous Aptian||1028.2 - 1039.6||11.4|
The well will be connected to the facilities and is planned to be put on production during August 2009.
Meanwhile the Yuzhno-Uzenskaya # 8 development well, also spudded in July is currently drilling ahead at a measured depth (MD RT) of approximately 900 meters. Results from this well are anticipated within the next two weeks.
Mikhail Ivanov, Chief Executive of Volga Gas commented, "We are pleased that Yu-Uz #9 will add to the three existing producing wells on the Uzenskaya field area, which are currently producing at a rate of more than 1,500 barrels of oil per day. With at least one more development well currently being drilled, we look forward to further increasing production capacity from the Uzenskaya field area in Q3 2009."
- Volga Gas Begins Drilling Karpenskiy License Area Exploration Well (Dec 07)
- Volga Gas Posts $1.2M Operating Loss (Sep 25)
- Volga Sees Production Boost during First Half (Sep 17)