Oceaneering Wins Umbilical Global Supply Contract in Brazil
Oceaneering International secured a contract in late June with estimated revenue in the range of $44 million to $64 million from Petrobras Netherlands B.V. - PNBV, a subsidiary of Petroleo Brasileiro S/A.
The contract is an umbilical global supply order for four exploration and production business units offshore Brazil; more specifically, the order is for up to 52 electro-hydraulic thermoplastic control umbilicals totaling approximately 165 kilometers (100 miles) in length. The umbilicals will be used to supply power to and perform chemical injection for various subsea wells.
Product manufacturing has commenced at the Oceaneering Multiflex facility in Niteroi, Brazil and is scheduled to be completed by late 2010. The maximum water depth at the locations where these umbilicals are to be installed is 6,500 feet.
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Rides Recovery Wave With New ROV Technology (Oct 18)
- Oceaneering Sees Reason for More Offshore Confidence (Sep 10)
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)