Anadarko Hits Paydirt at Vito in Deepwater GOM
Anadarko Petroleum has made a discovery at the Vito exploration well in Mississippi Canyon block 984. The well encountered more than 250 net feet of oil pay in subsalt Miocene sands.
"We are very excited with the initial results encountered at the Vito well," said Bob Daniels, Anadarko Sr. Vice President, Worldwide Exploration. "The success at Vito continues to demonstrate the tremendous quality of our deepwater portfolio of high-impact prospects. We expect to drill two additional prospects that are targeting similar subsalt Miocene objective sections along this trend at our Silverado and Haleakala prospects in Mississippi Canyon in 2010. In the meantime, the partners will continue evaluating the data from Vito and the timing of an appraisal well."
The Vito well was drilled to a total depth of approximately 32,000 feet in 4,038 feet of water, using the Noble Amos Runner deepwater drilling rig. Once operations are complete at Vito, the company plans to move the rig to continue drilling operations at the operated Caesar/Tonga development in the Green Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico.
Anadarko operates the Vito well with a 20-percent working interest. Co-owners in the discovery include Shell Offshore Inc. with a 55-percent working interest and StatoilHydro USA E&P Inc. with a 25-percent working interest. Shell will assume operatorship of Vito after rig release on the current well.
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- US Energy Operations Begin Recovering After Tropical Storm Gordon (Sep 05)
- Storm Gordon Halts Some Energy Production In US Gulf (Sep 04)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
- Digitization at Work: GE and Noble Launch Digital Rig (Feb 22)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)