StatoilHydro Taps Scarabeo 5 for Production Drilling on Asgard
The Petroleum Safety Authority has granted consent to StatoilHydro for use of the Scarabeo 5 semisub for production drilling and partial completion of the wells NO 6506/12-Q-5 and 6506/12-Y1H/Y2H on Asgard.
The wells are part of production license 094, which is centrally located in the Norwegian Sea at a water depth of approximately 300 meters.
Planned start-up of the activity is mid-August 2009. The operation has an estimated duration of approximately 112 days.
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)