Smith International Notes Drilling Optimization Solutions for Haynesville
Smith International's drilling optimization solutions for Chesapeake Energy has resulted in their first well drilling Curve and Lateral in one run, with no trips in the Haynesville shale gas play. The ability to drill the curve and lateral in one run with one directional assembly will afford Chesapeake the opportunity to further reduce time and cost on future wells.
The powerful combination of Pathfinder, Smith International's Directional Drilling group with their advanced drilling simulation technology, i-DRILL®, and DBOS® working in conjunction with Chesapeake's Drilling Team, including engineering and superintendents, have come together to reach this milestone.
The collaborative gains from practical drilling knowledge and technological innovation will continue to put both Smith International and Chesapeake at the forefront of cost reduction and improved efficiency with regard to hydrocarbon extraction in the Haynesville shale gas play.
- Schlumberger, Smith Offer to Repurchase up to $1.87B in Debt (Sep 22)
- Schlumberger Finalizes $11B Merger with Smith International (Aug 30)
- US Dept. of Justice OKs Schlumberger-Smith Merger (Jul 27)
Company: Chesapeake Energy Corporation more info
- WildHorse to Lay Off Staff After Chesapeake Acquisition (Jan 14)
- Chesapeake to Cut Rigs to Reduce CAPEX in 2019 (Jan 10)
- Chesapeake Surges After Director Buys Shares (Dec 26)