Mermaid's Newbuild Tender Rig Successfully Launched in Malaysia
Mermaid has advised that its newbuild tender assist drilling rig KM-1 was successfully launched at 08:00 hrs on July 27, 2009 at Kencana HL Sdn. Bhd.'s construction yard in Lumut port, Perak, Malaysia.
The launching represents a significant step towards the completion of the KM-1 scheduled for delivery to Mermaid within the fourth calendar quarter of 2009. The KM- will be Mermaid’s third tender rig in addition to the MTR-1 and MTR-2.
Both the MTR-1 and MTR-2 are currently providing offshore drilling services in Indonesia for Hess (Indonesia Pangkah) Ltd. and Chevron Indonesia Company respectively. Subsequent to its delivery, the KM-1 will commence a 5-year offshore drilling program in Malaysia with Petronas Carigali Sdn. Bhd. in a contract potentially valued at US $235 million.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: PETRONAS more info
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)