Mermaid's Newbuild Tender Rig Successfully Launched in Malaysia
Mermaid has advised that its newbuild tender assist drilling rig KM-1 was successfully launched at 08:00 hrs on July 27, 2009 at Kencana HL Sdn. Bhd.'s construction yard in Lumut port, Perak, Malaysia.
The launching represents a significant step towards the completion of the KM-1 scheduled for delivery to Mermaid within the fourth calendar quarter of 2009. The KM- will be Mermaid’s third tender rig in addition to the MTR-1 and MTR-2.
Both the MTR-1 and MTR-2 are currently providing offshore drilling services in Indonesia for Hess (Indonesia Pangkah) Ltd. and Chevron Indonesia Company respectively. Subsequent to its delivery, the KM-1 will commence a 5-year offshore drilling program in Malaysia with Petronas Carigali Sdn. Bhd. in a contract potentially valued at US $235 million.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)