Eni's Brazilian Unit, Vale Spy Gas Shows at Offshore BM-S-4 Block
Italian oil major Eni's Brazilian unit and mining company Vale have notified the National Petroleum Agency, or ANP, of natural gas shows encountered while drilling at an offshore block in Brazil's Santos Basin.
Traces of natural gas were identified at the 3ENI8RJS well, situated in the offshore block BM-S-4, and drilled by Diamond Offshore's Ocean Quest semisubmersible drilling rig. ANP data shows the well's target depth at 6,080 meters.
Eni Oil do Brasil S.A. is the operator with a 50% stake in the BM-S-4 block; Vale holds the remaining 50% interest.
Disclosures of any natural gas, oil or hydrocarbon finds must be filed with the ANP within 48 hours. However, such reports do not indicate commercial viability of the prospects.
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
- Eni Acquires Leases on Alaska's Eastern North Slope (Aug 29)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Approves Bidders For Oil Auction In March (Feb 21)
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)