PTTEP Granted Approval to Participate in Offshore Block G4/48
Reference is made to the 19th Petroleum Concession Bidding Round of the Department of Mineral Fuels. PTTEP has been granted approval to participate in the Petroleum Concession Block G4/48.
An official signing ceremony between the Ministry of Energy and PTTEP (Thailand) Limited together with the consortiums takes place on July 24, 2009. Concession Block G4/48, covering an area of approximately 504 square kilometers, is adjacent to Unocal 3 Project in the Gulf of Thailand. Chevron Pattani Limited (the operator) holds 71.25% interest, Mitsui Oil Exploration Company Limited (Moeco) and PTTEP (Thailand) Limited hold 23.75% and 5% interests respectively.
Regarded as a marginal field, the most appropriate development operation for Petroleum Concession Block G4/48 is to use the existing facilities in Unocal 3 Project. This plan will make the Block G4/48 commercially feasible and also raise the economics of both projects.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui Chemicals Restarts Naphtha Cracker At Fire-Hit Plant (Aug 13)
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
- Thailand's PTTEP 1Q Profits Rise, Prepares For Gas Auctions (Apr 26)
- Thailand's PTTEP Seeks To Boost Reserves, Output In SE Asia (Mar 21)
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)