PTTEP Granted Approval to Participate in Offshore Block G4/48
Reference is made to the 19th Petroleum Concession Bidding Round of the Department of Mineral Fuels. PTTEP has been granted approval to participate in the Petroleum Concession Block G4/48.
An official signing ceremony between the Ministry of Energy and PTTEP (Thailand) Limited together with the consortiums takes place on July 24, 2009. Concession Block G4/48, covering an area of approximately 504 square kilometers, is adjacent to Unocal 3 Project in the Gulf of Thailand. Chevron Pattani Limited (the operator) holds 71.25% interest, Mitsui Oil Exploration Company Limited (Moeco) and PTTEP (Thailand) Limited hold 23.75% and 5% interests respectively.
Regarded as a marginal field, the most appropriate development operation for Petroleum Concession Block G4/48 is to use the existing facilities in Unocal 3 Project. This plan will make the Block G4/48 commercially feasible and also raise the economics of both projects.
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Chevron Backs 2018 Production Rise, Eyes Share Buybacks (Mar 06)
- Chevron Expects LNG Supply Shortage By 2025 (Mar 06)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)