Galoc FPSO's Mooring and Riser System Still Undergoing Work
Galoc Production Company advised that re-instatement of the Mooring and Riser System following the weather related disconnection undertaken in late June is continuing. Progress has been delayed due to a combination of sea conditions exceeding those necessary to safely undertake the subsea operations and downtime of equipment necessary to perform these operations.
The mooring and riser system has been re-orientated and preparations are in hand to change out the section of riser that was deformed. Once completed, the system will be reconnected to the FPSO and function tested prior to resuming production operations.
The mooring and riser system is a key component of the overall FPSO system which is provided by Rubicon Offshore International under the provisions of an operated lease / service contract.
The Galoc field is located in Service Contract SC14-C (Galoc Sub Block) in 290m of water approximately 65km north west of Palawan in the Republic of the Philippines.
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Galoc Production Co. more info
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)
- Risco Energy to Acquire Galoc Oil Field Operator GPC for $101.4M (Sep 22)