Aker Barents Tapped to Drill Exploration Well 6306/6-2 in North Sea
Det norske has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea using the Aker Barents semisub. The consent is for the drilling of exploration well 6306/6-2 which is part of production license 321.
The well is located 85 kilometers southwest of Draugen, 65 kilometers east of Ormen Lange, and has the following geographical coordinates:
N 63 degrees 41' 12.859'', E 6 degrees 40' 15.292''.
Estimated duration of the drilling operation is approximately 45 days. Testing of the well is not planned, but there is an option of drilling a sidetrack.
The well will be permanently plugged and abandoned following the drilling.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)