ExxonMobil Given Go-Ahead to Drill Well 25/8-17 in North Sea
ExxonMobil has been granted consent for exploration drilling of well 25/8-17 using the Bredford Dolphin semisub.
Exploration well 25/8-17 is part of production license 027D and is situated in the North Sea, approximately seven kilometers southeast of the Jotun field and 26 kilometers north of the Balder field.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 59 degrees 23' 32.039", E 02 degrees 20' 01.948". The water depth at the drilling site is 127 meters.
Det norske oljeselskap ASA (Det norske) is drilling the well on behalf of ExxonMobil, which is the operator in the production license.
Expected start-up of the drilling is mid-August 2009, but this is dependent on results from drilling activities planned ahead of the exploration drilling.
The activity has a duration of 33 days should the well be dry, and 64 days if a discovery is made.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)