Det Norse Gets Green Light to Drill Wildcat Well in PL 483 S
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Det norske a drilling permit for wellbore 6609/10-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6609/10-2 will be drilled from the Songa Delta semisub at position 66 degrees 02'29" N and 09 degrees 03'06" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 6609/10-2 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 483 S. Det norske oljeselskap ASA is the operator, with an ownership interest of 40 percent. The partners are Discover Petroleum AS (30 percent) and Dana Petroleum Norway AS (30 percent).
Well 6609/10-2 will be drilled about 45 km east of the Norne field in the Norwegian Sea. The production license consists of parts of blocks 6508/3, 6608/12, 6609/10 and 6609/11. Production license 483 S was awarded in APA 2007.
Wildcat well 6609/10-2 is the first well in production license 483 S.
The drilling permit is conditional on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)