2H Offshore Supplies Acoustic Mooring Monitoring System for BC-10 Field
2H Offshore has recently supplied a real-time acoustic mooring line monitoring system (MOORASSURE™) to SBM Offshore. The monitoring system has been successfully deployed on the FPSO Espirito Santo located in the BC-10 field off the coast of Brazil and has been fully commissioned since May 2009.
The Espirito Santo FPSO consists of a subsea turret anchored with nine mooring lines. Each mooring line has anacoustically-linked inclinometer (INTEGRIpod-AF) attached to the chain hawse to measure the inclination of the mooring line. The highly proven data logger features onboard memory storage, tri-axial inclination sensors, has a battery life in excess of five years and features full acoustic communication.
The measured inclination is transmitted from all mooring lines to three acoustic receivers mounted on the chain table of the turret to achieve cable-free data communication. Software is able to present historical tension and angle data to the end user, allowing them to make informed conclusions about how their mooring lines are performing.
In addition to the mooring line monitoring facility, polyester line creep can be evaluated, enabling the end user to calculate the length of mooring line that needs to be reeled back in order to restore target tensions.
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
Company: 2H Offshore more info
- 2H Offshore Expands Malaysia & Australia Presence, May Recruit Engineering (Dec 04)
- 2H Offshore Wins Detailed Design Project with LLOG (Mar 01)
- 2H Offshore Completes CVA Work at Mirage (Apr 09)