Ionik to Provide Subsea Pipeline Services for Total's Assets in UKCS
Ionik, part of Wood Group's Subsea & Pipelines Technology Group, has been awarded a £multi-million five year contract to provide integrated pipeline integrity and engineering services for Total's assets in the North Sea.
Ionik will undertake the customization, development and implementation of a Pipeline Integrity Management system (PIMS), using risk-based (Assessment, Management and Inspection, Maintenance Repair (IMR)) principles. The PIMS will be applied to more than 1500 km of existing oil & gas pipelines in the UKCS. The scope also includes the training of Total personnel on the new system and additional ad hoc engineering services. The award follows on from a similar project which was successfully completed for Total in BalikPapan, Indonesia. The risk models used in the Indonesian project were developed to reflect the specific issues faced by Total in the North Sea.
Stephen Peet, Ionik Europe, Africa and Middle East (EAME) Business Manager, said, "We are delighted to have been chosen by Total for this project which sees another implementation of our PIMS in the North Sea. The scope of this contract is for subsea pipelines using the PIMS that can be expanded to provide a complete facility solution."
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)