Halliburton to Provide Fluid Services to Petrobras Offshore Brazil
Halliburton has been awarded a $190 million contract by Petrobras to provide drilling fluid, completion fluid and drilling waste management services in the offshore markets of Brazil. The award includes service delivery in the shelf, deepwater and pre-salt areas of the Campos, Santos, and Espírito Santo basins. Halliburton expects to begin performing services related to this five-year agreement in the third quarter of 2009.
"We are excited to have been awarded this contract and we look forward to delivering engineered fluid solutions that are customized to maximize wellbore value for Petrobras," said Jeff Miller, vice president of Baroid, a Halliburton product service line. "Our Brazilian operations will be a key component in the further development of our Latin America franchise."
- Halliburton Envisions Robo-Fracking (Aug 21)
- Hundreds Line Up for Gushing West Texas Oil Jobs (Aug 03)
- Oil, Gas Companies Focus on Recruitment, Retention in the Permian (Jul 24)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)