Halliburton to Provide Fluid Services to Petrobras Offshore Brazil
Halliburton has been awarded a $190 million contract by Petrobras to provide drilling fluid, completion fluid and drilling waste management services in the offshore markets of Brazil. The award includes service delivery in the shelf, deepwater and pre-salt areas of the Campos, Santos, and Espírito Santo basins. Halliburton expects to begin performing services related to this five-year agreement in the third quarter of 2009.
"We are excited to have been awarded this contract and we look forward to delivering engineered fluid solutions that are customized to maximize wellbore value for Petrobras," said Jeff Miller, vice president of Baroid, a Halliburton product service line. "Our Brazilian operations will be a key component in the further development of our Latin America franchise."
- Halliburton Receives International Gains to Close Out 2018 (Jan 22)
- Halliburton Names New Western Hemisphere President (Jan 15)
- Halliburton's Lesar Exits After 25 Years (Jan 03)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)