Halliburton to Provide Fluid Services to Petrobras Offshore Brazil
Halliburton has been awarded a $190 million contract by Petrobras to provide drilling fluid, completion fluid and drilling waste management services in the offshore markets of Brazil. The award includes service delivery in the shelf, deepwater and pre-salt areas of the Campos, Santos, and Espírito Santo basins. Halliburton expects to begin performing services related to this five-year agreement in the third quarter of 2009.
"We are excited to have been awarded this contract and we look forward to delivering engineered fluid solutions that are customized to maximize wellbore value for Petrobras," said Jeff Miller, vice president of Baroid, a Halliburton product service line. "Our Brazilian operations will be a key component in the further development of our Latin America franchise."
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)